Board info:
- No birthdays today
- In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests
- It is currently Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:27 pm
FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
Swap stories and memories of past convention experiencesFDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by Mr. Chainsaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:00 pm
Sorry it took longer than expected, but weve finally put up our recap of HorrorHound Weekend 2010!
But thats not all! FDTC popped a few horror con cherries that weekend by bringing a few friends along for the ride. We had one of these "Horror Con Virgins" do a write up on what she thought of her first experience and introduction to our crazy sub-culture.
You can find both articles on the front page of the FDTC site or by clicking the links below:
Mr. Chainsaw's HorrorHound Weekend Recap: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/2010/04/21/horrorhound-weekend-2010-recap/
Horror Con Virgin's Review of HorrorHound Weekend: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/2010/04/21/a-horror-con-virgins-review-of-horrorhound-weekend/
But thats not all! FDTC popped a few horror con cherries that weekend by bringing a few friends along for the ride. We had one of these "Horror Con Virgins" do a write up on what she thought of her first experience and introduction to our crazy sub-culture.
You can find both articles on the front page of the FDTC site or by clicking the links below:
Mr. Chainsaw's HorrorHound Weekend Recap: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/2010/04/21/horrorhound-weekend-2010-recap/
Horror Con Virgin's Review of HorrorHound Weekend: http://www.fromdusktillcon.com/2010/04/21/a-horror-con-virgins-review-of-horrorhound-weekend/
-
Mr. Chainsaw - Site Admin

- Posts: 9924
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm
- Location: Fox Lake, IL
by sgtpeppers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm
Both articles were really good. Its nice to hear what first timers who aren't into horror think of all of this. One thing in your article though. You mention that on Sunday Romero was moved. It was only his line that moved to the other room across the hall. His table was still in the main vendor room.
-

sgtpeppers - Fresh Meat

- Posts: 767
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:21 pm
- Location: Oak Lawn, IL
Re:
by Mr. Chainsaw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 pm
sgtpeppers wrote:Both articles were really good. Its nice to hear what first timers who aren't into horror think of all of this. One thing in your article though. You mention that on Sunday Romero was moved. It was only his line that moved to the other room across the hall. His table was still in the main vendor room.
Thanks for the correction. I'll make the proper edit when I get home (currently at work). I was going from a recounting of someone who stayed the whole weekend - perhaps I misunderstood what they meant.
Thanks for reading and offering feedback. Again, its nice to know someone reads this stuff.
-
Mr. Chainsaw - Site Admin

- Posts: 9924
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm
- Location: Fox Lake, IL
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by sporterX » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 am
I really enjoyed the convention virgin's article. It definitely was cool to see that perspective.
What I liked about your article was how it compared it to the previous year's show. Since this was my first Indianapolis show, that was very interesting to me.
What I liked about your article was how it compared it to the previous year's show. Since this was my first Indianapolis show, that was very interesting to me.
-

sporterX - Fresh Meat

- Posts: 1096
- Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:29 am
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by Mr. Chainsaw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 am
Thanks again for the feedback.
I may get the Horror Con Virgin to make it out to Famous Monsters Con with us and give us her impression of that show as well - its always fun to see what people think of our crazy counter culture.
I may get the Horror Con Virgin to make it out to Famous Monsters Con with us and give us her impression of that show as well - its always fun to see what people think of our crazy counter culture.
-
Mr. Chainsaw - Site Admin

- Posts: 9924
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm
- Location: Fox Lake, IL
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by Megan » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:29 am
It's definitely interesting how different it is! I'm still not used to a lot of it, and have to have Sporter tell me who a lot of the guests are. At HH, I heard of maybe 3 or 4 of the guests. I don't understand a lot of it still, but I have a blast every time I go.
I hate to remind everyone, but I just destroyed a merger that probably took hundreds of years to set up, the office is on fire, Denholm is furious, so can we please, please, concentrate on what's important, and HELP ME ON WITH MY SHOES!
-
Megan - Fresh Meat

- Posts: 1506
- Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:12 am
- Location: Warren, Ohio
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by clockwerkpictures » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 pm
To the young "Virgin", W.E. here at Clockwerk Pictures understand that, in this era of "newer is better", not everyone will realize the reliability of the Vertical Helical Scan (VHS) technology. Therefore, we would like to send you a Video Cassette Recorder/ Player, for free.
What? Are they serious?
Yes. W.E.'re serious.
You can email us at clockwerkpictures@gmail.com, give us an address and W.E. will send you a VCR so that you will be able to, not only watch our disturbing opus, but also enjoy other classic films like VIDEODROME, LOST HIGHWAY, THE VIDEO DEAD, and any number of 80's Horror movies in the home format for which they were intended. The quality, you see, is part of the experience.
If you don't trust us with your address, you can pick up one of these wonderful machines at your local Goodwill for about $6.
Otherwise, drop us a line. W.E. might even send you a copy of COME on another soon to be outdated format...DVD.
Sin cerely,
Arthur Cullipher
Clockwerk Pictures
What? Are they serious?
Yes. W.E.'re serious.
You can email us at clockwerkpictures@gmail.com, give us an address and W.E. will send you a VCR so that you will be able to, not only watch our disturbing opus, but also enjoy other classic films like VIDEODROME, LOST HIGHWAY, THE VIDEO DEAD, and any number of 80's Horror movies in the home format for which they were intended. The quality, you see, is part of the experience.
If you don't trust us with your address, you can pick up one of these wonderful machines at your local Goodwill for about $6.
Otherwise, drop us a line. W.E. might even send you a copy of COME on another soon to be outdated format...DVD.
Sin cerely,
Arthur Cullipher
Clockwerk Pictures
- clockwerkpictures
- Fresh Meat

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:28 pm
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by Mr. Chainsaw » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 am
clockwerkpictures wrote:To the young "Virgin", W.E. here at Clockwerk Pictures understand that, in this era of "newer is better", not everyone will realize the reliability of the Vertical Helical Scan (VHS) technology. Therefore, we would like to send you a Video Cassette Recorder/ Player, for free.
What? Are they serious?
Yes. W.E.'re serious.
You can email us at clockwerkpictures@gmail.com, give us an address and W.E. will send you a VCR so that you will be able to, not only watch our disturbing opus, but also enjoy other classic films like VIDEODROME, LOST HIGHWAY, THE VIDEO DEAD, and any number of 80's Horror movies in the home format for which they were intended. The quality, you see, is part of the experience.
If you don't trust us with your address, you can pick up one of these wonderful machines at your local Goodwill for about $6.
Otherwise, drop us a line. W.E. might even send you a copy of COME on another soon to be outdated format...DVD.
Sin cerely,
Arthur Cullipher
Clockwerk Pictures
Spoke to Brandell the Horror Virgin last night, and she has been meaning to join the FDTC site in hopes of further exposing herself to the horror genre and horror convention community - her first con experience was so positive, we may have a new convert on our hands.
She should be a member of the forum by the end of the weekend. Aside from some recently travelling, her job has kept her ridiculously busy. I told her about the VCR offer and shes very thankful and excited to accept so that she can watch Come and some of the excellent lost horror films of the VHS era that you mentioned.
She should be contacting you shortly.
-
Mr. Chainsaw - Site Admin

- Posts: 9924
- Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm
- Location: Fox Lake, IL
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by VirginHorr » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 am
Oh look who had to sign up and get an account. ME. This is just great. Now I'm going to be addicted to blogging about this stuff. Between this and Facebook I'm going to have no time to have a "normal" life (not that I was ever close to that). Anyways, glad you guys appreciate my virgin opinion on these things. Do you remember your first time? lol, sorry had to throw that in there. And I'm almost positive someone is going to write me back in detail about it, too. It's cool, thanks, I'm sure its 3 minutes of your life I could do without hearing.
Anyways, I'm ready for my VHS player. I went ahead and sent an email with my address, so we shall see if they hold true to their word. Clockwerk, I don't shop at Goodwill so yeah you will have to send me one
or if you have a dvd that would be better. Isn't it easier to make movies and put them on dvd nowadays? And if you really want to get creative, I have a blue ray player too! But lets take things slowly here, I just had my cherry popped!
Hey Erin, you remember when we made our version of the movie "Scream" beack in High School? I have that on VHS still, lmao. Haven't watched it in a while but as i recall it's still hysterical. Although using Ketchup as blood was a good idea at the time, now that I look back we so participated in ketchup abuse. I'm sorry Heinz.
Anyways, I'm ready for my VHS player. I went ahead and sent an email with my address, so we shall see if they hold true to their word. Clockwerk, I don't shop at Goodwill so yeah you will have to send me one
Hey Erin, you remember when we made our version of the movie "Scream" beack in High School? I have that on VHS still, lmao. Haven't watched it in a while but as i recall it's still hysterical. Although using Ketchup as blood was a good idea at the time, now that I look back we so participated in ketchup abuse. I'm sorry Heinz.
- VirginHorr
- Fresh Meat

- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:04 am
Re: FDTC Publishges TWO HorrorHound Weekend Recap Articles
by Tex » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 am
Glad to have you here B!!!
We should really dig out those old movies, I'm dying to watch them again!
We should really dig out those old movies, I'm dying to watch them again!
Free the West Memphis Three
www.WM3.org
www.WM3.org
-

Tex - Fresh Meat

- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:16 pm
- Location: Fox Lake, IL
12 posts
• Page 1 of 2 • 1, 2
Return to Past Con Experiences
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
- Board index
- The team • Delete all board cookies • Delete style cookies • All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
