Board info:
  • No birthdays today
  • In total there are 6 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests
  • Last visit was: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm
  • It is currently Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:04 pm

Spooky Empire Present's MAYHEM - May 27-29, Orlando, FL

Discuss all upcoming conventions and events and arrange to meet fellow fiends at the shows.

Spooky Empire's May-Hem, May 27-29 2011

Postby Stray » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:47 pm



This is a separate show and i figure as such should have it's own thread apart from the Ultimate Horror Weekend's thread.

Reiterating my sentiment about it:

I'm gonna nickname this Project:GBC (Get Bruce Campbell) :D

Of course everyone expected a guest announcement but you could tell how he worded his Twitters it was going to be bigger than that.

I'm happy that Petey chose FDTC as the avenue to leak this exclusive and look forward for 1. the opportunity to promote Troubled Brand through another venue I support here close to home and 2. to see what Petey has in store for us as a seasoned promoter.

I'm maintaining focus on October's show but am glad we have another show in the works on the horizon.

Stray
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 741
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:08 am

Spooky Empire Present's MAYHEM - May 27-29, Orlando, FL

Postby Mr. Chainsaw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:48 pm


Mr. Chainsaw
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6946
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: Fox Lake, IL

Postby Mr. Chainsaw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I really do want to thank Petey a bunch for reaching out to FDTC and offering us the exclusive. Being such a long time fan of his show, its great to be recognized as a place worthy of putting news out before it hits anywhere else. Its extremely flattering.

Mr. Chainsaw
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6946
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: Fox Lake, IL

Postby sgtpeppers » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Thats way cool that he gave this site the exclusive. I think this is a good idea and I may have to add the May show to my possible list of cons to go to. Spooky has been on my list of cons I want to check out.
User avatar
sgtpeppers
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Postby Tex » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm joining the discussion late, but I figure I'll add my thoughts to the May-hem thread rather than the UHW thread!

First, I'm super stoked that Petey let FDTC have the exclusive announcement! I think that it's a great idea for him to use the site as a tool to get the word out. You can only preach the the choir for so long and still be able to grow. By announcing his May show here first, he's gotten the word out to not only the fans of SEUHW but also fans of horror conventions on a national scale!

I think that for the people out there who may have held off on going to SE in October in favor of other shows, this is great news! May is still a long way away giving people PLENTY of time to save up and plan. Spring is also a quieter season on the convention scene, so in doing a show then, there will be less competition than there is in the fall leaving travelers another great option!

I think that May-hem will prove to be VERY popular with travelers. And I think that this will prove to be a very wise decision for Spooky Empire in the long run.
Free the West Memphis Three
www.WM3.org
Tex
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 2003
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Fox Lake, IL

Postby sgtpeppers » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 pm

wow. I just noticed the room price. That is an excellent price for any hotel, especially the Wyndham.
User avatar
sgtpeppers
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:21 pm

Re:

Postby Mr. Chainsaw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:08 pm

sgtpeppers wrote:wow. I just noticed the room price. That is an excellent price for any hotel, especially the Wyndham.


The Wyndham Orlando is BY FAR the nicest hotel on the circuit - without a doubt. I've been to at least a dozen different ones in my travels and nothing out there beats the Wyndham. For $59, are you fuckin kidding me? You can stay the weekend with what it costs to stay one night anywhere else!

Mr. Chainsaw
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 6946
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: Fox Lake, IL

Postby scubasteve » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 pm

The fall is kind of rough for me. I know Texas Frightmare usually does stuff in late April/early May but it's good to have another show in the Spring.

I've also been keeping an eye on Spooky Empire for a while and the fact that they now have a show at a time of year which makes it easier for me to travel is probably going to get me out to Orlando for the first time.
scubasteve
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:37 pm

Re: Spooky Empire Present's MAYHEM - May 27-29, Orlando, FL

Postby Flyboy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:35 pm

Ive got to agree with Tex.

Firstly, I think its great Petey is giving the exclusive to the number one source for the ever-growing horror convention scene, FROM DUSK TILL CON!

Also…Letting ppl like me(in Pennsylvania) know whats going on this far in advance is wonderful! I like overplanning things!
There aren’t many horror cons in/around May….especially the type of quality that SE seems to be putting out there(hearsay I havnt been yet!)

Im VERY interested to see how Project:GBC works out. I think it’d be pretty cool to have some additional guests who do cons that were in movies with Bruce(members of the Bruce Campbell Film universe….or the BruceiverseJ

You’ve definetly given yourself ample time to pull off something BIG. I know I’ll be staying tuned to this thread to see the plot as it unfolds.

This gives me a great opportunity to try and plan this as part of my vacation for next yr.

Thanks Mr.Chainsaw and Petey!
http://www.gigposters.com/designer/83677_Zomic.html

"I say we kill him and eat his organs to gain his powers"-KXAN 2009 employee of the year

Flyboy
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Spooky Empire Present's MAYHEM - May 27-29, Orlando, FL

Postby Lenny » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:46 pm

I am more of a lurker than an avid poster on the threads but from time to time I will see something that gets me excited and I just have to post. I am a newcomer to the world of horror conventions and have only been to three thus far and will be trying to squeeze in two more before 2010 comes to a close. After reading the above announcement it is clear to me that I have found my first con for 2011. I typicall do not travel too far outside of my neighborhood for conventions as we have a couple that come within a few hours drive a couple times a year, however I will gladly make the drive to Orlando for this con. I for one cannot wait.
Lenny
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:34 am

Next

Return to Upcoming Cons and Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Limpfreak and 4 guests

Who is online In total there are 6 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 15 minutes)
Most users ever online was 47 on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Limpfreak and 4 guests